Friday 18 November 2016

2015 - The Unexpected

My senior year in high school was not what I envisioned when I was graduating elementary school. In elementary school, you day dream a lot. I imagined myself getting honors in all my classes, my skin cleared up, using cosmetics, working at a restaurant as a waitress, falling in love and going to prom, graduating and moving  onto university. This was my map and I was on route, but nothing turned out that way.

I did go through high school with honors but just barely. My skin never cleared up, in fact, even to this day it's still pretty bad. I never became a waitress, instead, I became a martial arts instructor. Boyfriends, prom, falling in love? All of that was pretty nonexistent for me. Moving onto university was a pretty long shot as well. Everything turned out basically the opposite of what I planned at age 13. I would have never thought my life would end up this way, but it did, and each aspect of it taught me things about myself. Each messy, unwanted aspect of my life, came with good life lessons.

No comments:

Post a Comment