Friday 17 October 2014

The Floater

       I have always been the floater. I could never settle to stick to a routine, or be part of a normal crowd. I floated from one clique to another; I floated from one music genre to another. I never did understand what kind of person I was. I've drifted through all sorts of social crowds yet I never felt like I could settle into my own skin. I hovered over it; as if there was uncertainty on whether I wanted to claim the territory or not. And thus I was a floater, a UFO. 

       Life being the main road, has lots of bumps and lots of side streets. The idea of life is to continue to drive down the road and drive over those bumps and avoid the side streets. Even though you may get a flat tire by driving over the bumps, it will result to getting those tires replaced by stronger, more suitable ones. And even though the side streets might be the easier route, it will take longer to get to the destination. 

        As a UFO, I was hovering over that road. I was too scared to face the bumps and the side streets were never even considered. Life to me was just a sequence of days that I had to use up; I just had to find a way to get passed it all without letting it affect me. Thus I hovered, instead of drove over bumps. I was a floater, up until one day, I was forced to land. 

No comments:

Post a Comment